Friday, January 31, 2014

Learning Together....Stepping into the Unknown...

Raghav has grown up watching me deal with my severe wheezing attacks. They are almost non-existent now, ever since I gave up milk, reduced my tamarind intake, changed the kind of food I ate (especially restricting fruits) and started doing some meditation everyday, focusing on my breath.

It touched me and moved me to tears today when my son, after watching a zillion BrainPop videos on varying subjects on his iPad, came up to me and said: "Amma, maybe you can use a peak flow meter when you get your wheezing....I think it will help you." And then, we sat down together to watch the video that explained what it was and how it worked. I learned something new - something that no doctor I had been to so far had informed me about, and something that I had not bothered to find out more about, myself.

This is just one of the many many ways in which we have learned something together....where no one person is the authority on the subject or claims to know more...it is indeed a happy feeling I feel inside me...to say that I don't know and step into the unknown, learning something new each day, as we live together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable......so please do share them....