Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Of walls in our heads!

While eating his aloo poha this morning and playing his AngryBirds game on the iPad, I sat beside watching him intently trying to clear some levels and get three stars. He asked me if I could help him get three stars in all the levels. I agreed to give it a try.

Our conversation soon drifted off into how I suddenly started liking Angry Birds and playing it too. "So how did you change amma? How did you start liking it suddenly?", he asked, curious to find out the trigger. I thought for a bit and said that I didn't quite know, but would think about it more and let him know when I figured it out. "You have to know, because it is your mind amma!", he said and carried on playing and eating.

A little later, when I felt that I had the answer, I shared it with him in the best way I could.
"You know....I think that earlier I had these walls in my head about some things like Angry Birds, watching TV and things like that....I thought that they were to do with anger and destruction that I didn't like or enjoy and those thoughts were like walls in my head, that did not allow me to see anything else...and then suddenly, my thoughts changed and the walls in my head gave way or broke down."

".....so did a little construction vehicle come and break down the wall?", he asked with a huge smile on his face. :)

"I think meditation helped me.....I don't know", I added.

"You know I don't have any walls in my head as my head is too small for me to build walls!", he said while rejoicing about the level he had just cleared! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable......so please do share them....